According to design: retail magazine, “visual merchandising takes your consumer from the retail display to the cash register. Encouraging sales through creative color and commercial retail design is a key element to keeping a customer interested.”
The 5 Simple goals this translate to are:
- Excitement – You want to create excitement around your store and products. You want your store to draw your customer into your world through the merchandise in it.
- Customer Senses – You want to stimulate all 5 customer senses. You want to attract not only with sight but smells (subtle scents), touch, sound (complimentary music) and taste, too (salt water taffy bits or fudge for tasting – you will sell more boxes this way).
- A Successful Floor Plan – Set a clear comfortable image of your store layout. Ask yourself, “What’s the traffic flow in my store? Do I have enough merchandise to set a promotional display?”
- Shopper Demographics – You want to know your customer demographics. “The who and what” of the people coming into your store.
- Be Inspired By Others – Visit other retailers and capture the environment around you. Remember! What inspires you will most likely visually excite your own customers.
Star Bag: Amour